Tuesday, January 13, 2009

musical history

today I had a peaceful day at home trying to figure out the way SoKo strums her ukeleli. I really couldn't wrap my head around the idea of the way she plucks then strums up then down then up. There is a little tale to go with this strumming situation.
Once when I was younger, my mother and father took me to a palm reader. She told my parents that I was to be very musical once I was older. Well this is what I have been told anyway.
So far in my life I have played a total of 8 instuments. None of which I have been that succesful with.
I don't think that the palm reader was correct. During the year 2001 I was forced to learn the recorder. According to my school, I really was quite musical.
in year 3, i started learning the guitar. that failed too.
Once I moved up into year 4, we had the option of playing the violin or the chello... I choose the violin. We had to have lessons.
i hated them though. so i got out of them by pretending that i forgot to go.
i eventually got sound out.
year 5, i started playing the trumpet. that was great until i got too lazy to practice. eventually i ended up copying the girl next to me, during band that is.
when i was in year 6, my mother invested in a piano! i played it for hours, making up my own little stupid songs.
i gave that up in year 7 though.
now i just play silly songs on my ukekeli and harmonica...

and that my friend, is my musical history since i was in year 2.

lots of loveliness, love yasmin

No comments:

Post a Comment